Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dianna & Miles - WHERE ARE YOU?

Since the release of The Spinster and the Duke, I have been getting weekly e-mails demanding to know where the heck Dianna and Miles' story is. I'll be honest. When Dianna made her first appearance in The Runaway Duchess, her sole mission in life was to be Charlotte's best friend. Then - as often happens - I began to dream up a little backstory for her. Busy, neglectful parents. A kind, albeit absentminded aunt (who is, of course, Abigail Mannish, the heroine in The Spinster and the Duke). And a fiancee who, for reasons not yet explained, more or less dumped her at the altar before heading off for parts unknown. Oh, Miles. You naughty, naughty man. 

After The Runaway Duchess was completed and published, I tried to move onto something else, but surprisingly it was Abigail, not Dianna, who I couldn't get out of my head. So I sat down and wrote a followup novella to accompany TRD

The Spinster and the Duke was released last September. Since then I've released one novella and one full length (young-adult) novel. I am currently working on a new historical romance, the first in a trilogy, which will be released this April. While The Duke of St. Giles will take place in Regency England, it will introduce a whole new cast of characters, headed up by the oh-so-handsome (and very cheeky) West Green and the woman he kidnaps and holds for ransom, Lady Emily Wilmington. 

Right now, that's where all of my creative energy is going. However, once The Duke of St. Giles has been released, I feel fairly confident in saying I'm ready to begin Dianna and Miles' story. 

If you've followed my blog in the past, you know I am not the sort of writer who can force things. Ideas come as they come, and while I absolutely adore Dianna and think she more than deserves her own story, I haven't been ready to write it quite yet. 

I will say I have a title in mind, and am planning on it being a full-length novel like The Runaway Duchess. For any and all updates make sure to follow me on Facebook, as I tend to post there much more often than I do here. 

I also want to say thank you. Thank you to all the readers who loved The Runaway Duchess and The Spinster and the Duke enough to send me an e-mail demanding to know if Dianna and Miles are getting their own happily-ever-after. I am happy to say that YES, they are -- although I'm not quite sure how 'happily' it's going to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment