Monday, July 30, 2012

general update

So I have been super super super busy for the entire month of July. Lots of horse shows to go to (not riding in them, mind you -- just playing groom to a nine year old). Lots of work to do. Lots of lessons to teach. And, oh yeah, a wedding in four weeks. Yep, I'm getting married - ring the bells, hang the flags, and all that. 

On top of all that I have been desperately trying to ensure that A Lascivious Lady, the third novella in the Wedded Women Quartet comes out in August as planned. Unfortunately due to being so busy, my writing time has been squished down to one measly hour in the morning before going down to feed the horses and another hour during lunch (if I'm lucky). That is to say, I have barely been writing at all and my sub conscious is paying the price -- I have been suffering through the worse nightmares I can remember, which oddly enough only occur when I am not writing every day. Weird, right? And seriously unpleasant. In the past two weeks my husband-to-be has died in a car accident, my horse broke his leg trying to jump a fence, my dog got hit by a car, I got stuck underneath a boat that had flipped in the middle of the ocean, and my apartment burned down. 

Nightmares suck. 

The good news is my boss and her family are hightailing it to Maine for all of August (insert happy dance here) so I will have time to: 

a) write to my little heart's content finish planning the wedding
b) write to my little heart's content
c) get my belgian mare in some shape other than round

Priorities, people. Priorities.  

So that is what I have been up to, and will be up to, until the Big Day come Labor Day weekend after which I will leave my computer at home for a week and enjoy everything Disney World has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment