Saturday, May 19, 2012

happy release day pitch!

PITCH IS OUT TODAY!

Phew. That feels good. It's funny -- when I started Pitch it was never supposed to be anything. I was stuck in the middle of rewriting a pivotal scene for After Ever (full length paranormal YA about life after death, TBR in June) and an idea just popped in my head. That idea became the prologue for Pitch and the rest - as they say - is history. I never thought in a million years I would write anything with vampires in it. Don't get me wrong, I love reading about them, but writing about them has never been my cup of tea. I think it works with this story because the vampires are secondary. Pitch is, above all else, a tale of beating the odds and surviving the impossible. Or at least, trying to. 

So if you're in the mood for   for a quick, action packed read with a snarky heroine, crazy ass vampires, a rescue mission from hell, and a sexy/mysterious bad boy (there's always gotta be one...) check it out! And because I suck at making Youtube videos that would make you want to jump out of your seat and go get Pitch right now, here are a few quotes instead:

Travis looked at me like I was nuts. "Don't you know the first rule of not getting killed by a crazy axe murderer? You never split up."  
         -------------------------------------------------------- 
Going back in time is impossible. Turning invisible is impossible. Balancing the national debt is impossible. Blood sucking creatures that have been documented since the beginning of time across the entire world? Not impossible.” 
Next you’ll be telling me they sparkle in the daylight.” 
No,” Maximus said, giving me his first real smile. “Never that.
  
      --------------------------------------------------------- 
My dad rubbed his face. “Someone will come. Someone has to come.
Dad,” I whispered. “There isn’t anyone left.
 
       ----------------------------------------------------------
The idea came to me suddenly, like all great (and ridiculously crazy) ideas do. If it did work it would give Maximus one open shot where I could only pray he wouldn’t hit me by mistake. If it did not work I would most likely end up with a broken neck. Not great odds, but what else was I going to do? Wait for Prince Charming to come rescue me? I just wasn’t that kind of girl. 

So yeah -- check it out! Pitch is available on Amazon RIGHT NOW for only $0.99 -- and remember, even if you don't have a kindle you can still download it right to your computer or ipad or blackberry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment