Tuesday, July 16, 2013

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

The Runaway Duchess is now on Amazon! 


Yes, that is me. 

Now begins the e-mails to bloggers begging asking nicely for them to read and review it, keeping my fingers crossed they might actually like it, and doing my best not to devour entire chocolate bars if they don't. 

When I told my dad my book was going on sale today, he high fived me and said: "Congrats! You're done." 

"I wish," I said. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, the book is done but now I have to do all the marketing." 

"Marketing? What do you mean?"

"I query a bunch of different book bloggers asking if they would like to read it. About half say yes, I send it to them, and then I wait for their review to be posted." 

"But... But what if they don't like it?" 

I shrugged. "That's always a possibility." 

"Man, I'm nervous!" 

"Tell me about it."

I have to admit though, this is one of my favorite parts of the entire writing process. A lot of authors say that once their book is out there the real work begins, and I certainly agree. But it's fun and challenging to promote your work, especially if it's something you're proud of, and I am definitely proud of The Runaway Duchess.

That being said, if you ARE a book reviewer and you're interested in getting your hands on a copy, send me an e-mail (jaeaton@mail.com) with a link to your blog.

Otherwise, click HERE to be taken directly to TRD's Amazon page! 

Seriously. 

Do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment