Friday, December 21, 2012

Well, the world didn't end...

So that's good news.

The bad news is I had a very insightful, witty, informative post all written out AND IT GOT DELETED. Since I have to go to work now, I'll sum up the gist of it:

A few months ago I went through a life changing experience. Not so fun at the time, but ultimately the best thing that could have happened to me (funny how those things work). However, at the time this bad-thing-turned-good-thing occurred, I was halfway through A Gentle Grace... And since then, every time I have struggled to return to finish it, my mind is coming up blank. 

IE THE WORST WRITERS BLOCK EVER.

I would love....

love

love

LOVE

to have this out to all of you before the end of December. That was my original plan: to release it at the beginning of the month, and sit back and relax through the holidays before tackling a full length historical in January. 

I honestly don't know if that is going to happen. 

A Gentle Grace will be released soon. But it won't be released until I finish it, and I won't finish it until I think it is absolutely perfect... or at the very least as perfect as I can possibly make it. 

Since A Brooding Beauty I have been hinting at the relationship between Stephen & Grace. If I were to pick favorites out of all the women in the Quartet (which of course I won't, because that would be like choosing a favorite child) I would say it would probably be Grace. After all, she is the most like me: not perfect, awkward in social situations, and she LOVES pastries. We're basically twins. Okay, no, not really -- but you get the idea. 

So, to sum up this rather long rambling post: A Gentle Grace will be released. I haven't forgotten about it. I haven't been sitting back and twiddling my thumbs. I've been doing my best, and working my hardest, and beating my head against the wall probably more than I should. Thank you all for your WONDERFUL patience, and when it is finished and edited and ready to go, you will be the first ones to know. Because you're awesome. 

Seriously. 

Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment