Monday, August 27, 2012

Stress & Writing

Everyone says that planning a wedding will be one of the most stressful times of your life. Well, I've been planning a wedding for the past year, and I always thought those people were drama loving lunatics - until the 10 countdown began and I realized all the shit I had yet to do, like...

- Finish up the favors
- Contact the DJ
- Scrape together every last cent that's in my bank account and hand it over
- Send out an itinerary to the bridal party
- Check in with the relatives traveling long distance
- Coordinate the grandparents pickup
- Realize I don't have a wedding cake topper (give that job to the hubby)
- Realize with four days to go hubby hasn't gotten the wedding cake topper
- Put together tips for everyone and their mother
- Wait anxiously by the mailbox for last minute things to come in
- Final dress fitting
- Spit out the donut that somehow accidentally got into my mouth
- Figure out a work schedule for while I'm away
- Pack for the honeymoon
- Realize I don't have ANY CLOTHES TO WEAR
- Buy clothes
- Stare sadly at my bank account and wonder why I didn't elope
- Finish place cards
- Etc etc etc

Suffice it to say, writing hasn't exactly been on the top of my priority list, which I honestly think is contributing to my rising stress level. I believe that writing gives my brain an outlet. It relaxes and soothes me. It's not something I want to do, it's something I have to do which sound weird/sort of crazy, but that's just the way it is. I already promised the hubby that my computer will not find it's way into my suitcase, so that means NO WRITING FOR ONE ENTIRE WEEK which I'm a little afraid of but hey, I'll be in Disneyworld, the happiest place on earth! So... it should be okay. Right? 

Anyways, if I sort of disappear for the next two weeks, at least you know why. I do have some exciting news to share with you, which I'll post on Wednesday. Other than that, I will be MIA from the internet. I have been suffering from a bit of writing like crap writer's block lately, so maybe a break will actually be a good thing. One can only hope!  

No comments:

Post a Comment