Friday, July 6, 2012

don't forget about pitch - 4/5 star review

So two months ago way back when, I hit a little snag with After Ever. Winnie and Sam stopped talking to me, Francesca went on strike, and every time I brought up the manuscript on my computer and stared blankly at it I burst into tears (and have I mentioned I am an ugly crier?)


Long story short, I started a new project. I never expected very much to come of it, but three weeks later Pitch, a novella about an impending vampire apocalypse with a snarky heroine who would set Winnie back on her toes, was all shiny and polished and complete. I have never been one of those people who can sit down and write, write, write... but with Pitch, that is exactly what happened. So I sent it out to a few beta readers. They sent it back almost immediately, and when they said it didn't completely suck, I fixed a few things here or there, went through a final round of edits, and released it on Amazon. I sold a few copies at the start, but bound and determined to get Lola and Maximus' story heard, I sent it out to quite a few reviewers. This is one of the first reviews to come back, courtesy of the amazing AnQi @ A Splatter of Ink.

Eaton delivers a story with a lot of heart that keeps your blood pumping and racing (quite literally). Lola is a character you want to gobble up with every turn of the page, as well as the rest of her fugitive band, which includes her 'sometimes sober father', her best friend, Travis, and the handsome, mysterious stranger Maximus (of course!) who is particularly yummy. As the paranormal faze glides past us, and the dystopian one slides in, Eaton crafts an especially colorful story combining both-and ends up with a creation that's uproariously funny and fresh. "

You can read the review in its entirety right here. If it sounds like something you might like, Pitch is available right now on Amazon for only $0.99! So if you're in the mood for a fairly quick read with a snarky, sassy heroine who doesn't take any crap, killer vampires, and a brooding, mysterious boy (who is NOT stalkerish, I swear!) then make sure to check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment