Thursday, April 5, 2012

after ever tease quote of the week #2


After Ever" The long mirror above the sink catches my grumpy reflection. I look myself straight in the eye, refusing to flinch from the stranger who glares silently back at me. This stranger has long black hair twisted into thick ropey dreadlocks. Her skin is pale, the hollows under her eyes tinged with purple. Her silver piercings flash white gold under the fluorescent lights and her tongue pokes out to lick at the hoop in her lip. Miniature blue stars peek out along the curve of her hairline and disappear behind her right ear. They are not her only tattoo, simply the most visible. This stranger is too skinny, too gangly, too dark, too everything. This stranger does not smile or laugh. She is sarcastic and rude, this stranger, and if I knew her I wouldn’t be friends with her. I wouldn’t even give her a second glance. " - After Ever, available in May. Click HERE to add it to your Goodreads TBR list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment