Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cover Confusion

As the release date of After Ever draws ever closer, I am having second thoughts about the cover. I do like the original one, don't get me wrong. I think it invokes a sense of mystery and I love the barrenness. In case you haven't seen it yet, here it is:



However, I really want to bring the essence of Winnie into the cover. I have been looking through image sites with fine toothed comb. I've searched for girls with dreadlocks, tattoos, and/or piercings. I found a few I liked, and even one that screamed "WINNIE!" but something made me hesitate from incorporating one of those pictures in the cover. You see, I see Winnie a very specific way, but that doesn't mean others will see her the same way. I want to leave what she looks like up to the reader's imagination and if I put a girl on the cover, that is taken away from them. So I decided to leave well enough alone and stick with the first cover. But then... then I went to www.bigstockphoto.com and found a picture that screamed After Ever. I haven't purchased the picture yet, but I did download the sample and played around with fonts. This is what I came up with:


So... what do you think? One or two? Neither? Both? HELP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment