Friday, February 17, 2012

from [ A Brooding Beauty ]


Please enjoy a short excerpt from my new novella, A Brooding Beauty, now available on Kindle for only $1.99!

“I will grant you your damned divorce, but you will do something for me first,” [Marcus] gritted out, keeping his back to her.
“Anything,” said Catherine immediately. Her heart slammed against her ribcage as a wave of elated euphoria swept over her. Finally... Finally she was but one favor away from being free of her husband forever.
Stretching out his long arms Marcus braced his hands against the wooden mantle and leaned into the flames, letting them bath his face in flickering light. Once again he took his time gathering his thoughts, as if he wanted to weigh and measure each word before it was said aloud.
“I do not wish to marry again,” he began at last. “I have found I have neither the patience nor the time a wife requires, and a mistress will suit my needs just as well. But a mistress cannot give me a male heir, at least not a legitimate one, and with no other siblings the responsibility of ensuring the Kensington title stays with the Windfair’s rests on my shoulders alone. Grant me a son and I shall grant you a divorce. A fair arrangement, do you not agree?”

Click HERE to purchase A Brooding Beauty on Amazon to find out what happens next in this fun and exciting Regency romp that answers the age old question of what happens after happily ever after. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment